Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pasties, Alaska? are you sure?

My friend Jonah found pasties on his trip to Alaska. So it definitely looks like they are making more and more appearances in the US. The wonderful pastry product has now surfaced in Michigan, Arizona, California and now Alaska. Virginia is just around the corner!

I must say from my research the part about pasties having a savory and fruit filling is a bit of a myth. None of the pasty gurus in Cornwall can find any written evidence. Also it would be really difficult to cook one that way. The fruit would take much much less time to cook than the meat and veg.

More big news soon on the shop and the cart!

1 comment:

  1. You need to sell copies of "The Boy and the Bucca" ....I could be wrong, BUT I think it mentions part fruit and part meat in that book. I am Cornish and in Baltimore, and I will be driving to VA to get a pasty the week you open. : )

    ReplyDelete