Sunday, January 31, 2010

All steps in the right direction.

Well the big news is that the Landlord and I have signed the contract, so we are now legally tied to the Vienna location, and I'm most happy with that. I really like Vienna, the more I see of the area the more I like. This is also going be the target area for the house hunt.

The current plan is that the landlord will have the premises for February while a number of construction and power supply issues are addressed. However we have let Beyrouz have an extra few days to help with his move. He's the sitting tenant and he's been massively helpful to me on equipment so far. So that's no problem.

In the last week the big steps were mostly in equipment acquisitions :

I've now bought the dicer for the veg, a big old Robot Coupe R6X and boy can it chop. Devastated a couple of spuds in an instant. I also got the dough roller, a Somerset CDR 1100, great little machine. Finally on Wednesday I bough a Scotsman Ice Maker, this will churn out the ice for the cart that will keep the drinks cool. All are now safely in the basement.

Tomorrow, I pick up the mixer and the big fridge. The mixer weighs around 900 lbs, so this is going to be really fun.

I will report back on the state of my back in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment