Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Right lets mix it up.

That's one big mixer.
Yesterday was a long day. Up very early in the morning to pick up the biggest truck I've driven so far, on the wrong side of the road, with lots of snow and ice still around from the weekends storm. So at 07:30 I set off for Richmond with the ever faithful dog (Mei Mei) for company in passenger in a very large yellow Penske truck. It had to be big because I was picking up the mixer, an 80 QT hobart, it weighs about 900lb so I needed a truck with a lift gate. 2 hours later we're in Richmond at the dealers depot, and the loading bay approach is still covered in snow. That costs me time because its also slightly up hill, so the truck won't reverse up it until we clear it with a shovel. Eventually we man handle it in and we're off to the next stop. I'd won an auction on a double glass door refrigerator and was picking that up. Snow again this time, but no slope, so we're ok. The guy thought we were coming tomorrow, so there's another delay. However, soon we are loaded and off back home again, 2 hours up route 95.
I was scheduled for a managers meeting at work for 14:00 and just made it.
Then after Pat and I went on the storage unit to unload. Pat works in the kitchen and is one cool dude and just the guy you want when handling 900lb mixers. He used used to do power lifting and strong man competitions. Not only that but the dude snowboards and golfs, so there's plenty to chat about while stuck in traffic on Route 66 yet again.
Eventually its all safely in the storage unit, and I owe Pat beers big time.

Tick those items off the list and start hunting the next ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment